– Aluminum gutters are the most popular type of gutter material in South Africa. They are lightweight, easy to install, and resistant to rust and corrosion. Aluminum gutters are not the strongest option available. They are prone to denting and damage from falling debris, such as tree branches and hail.
– Steel gutters are stronger than aluminum gutters and can withstand more abuse. They are available in a variety of thicknesses, with thicker steel being the strongest option. However, steel gutters are prone to rust and corrosion, particularly in areas with high humidity or saltwater exposure.
– Copper gutters are an expensive option, but they are also the strongest and most durable. They are resistant to rust and corrosion and have a natural patina that develops over time, giving them a unique look. Copper gutters can last up to 100 years or more, making them a popular choice for historic buildings and high-end homes.
– Vinyl gutters are the cheapest option available and are easy to install. They are not very strong and are prone to cracking and fading over time. They are also not as durable as other materials and can become brittle in extreme temperatures.
– Zinc gutters are a less common option but are becoming more popular due to their strength and durability. They are resistant to rust and corrosion and have a lifespan of up to 50 years or more. Zinc gutters also have a unique look that develops over time, similar to copper gutters.
Read more on Industrial Gutters