December: ‘Tis the Season to maintain your business premises!
December is upon us, and we’re bearers of bad news! December represents the perfect time of the year to maintain your building and work premises. For this, there are a number of reasons. Take a look:
- Building maintenance should be done in December even if for this sole reason; everyone is on leave. Yes, this is the most obvious assumption, but because the office is cleared of all staff it means that you’ll be able to conduct maintenance and paint the offices without having to worry about the health and well-being of staff.
- If you are conducting the building maintenance yourself, and you are going to offer contractual work for painters, builders, and gardeners, you will not be short of staff; many contractors are closed for business over December, leaving plenty of guys willing to work hard over the Christmas month.
- Because of the close of business, there is very little you can otherwise be worried about on your premises. There are no issues regarding tenants, and electricity mains, as well as water mains, can be turned off without impacting tenants’ work.
But, because you’re choosing December as a month of building maintenance, there are also a couple of disadvantages:
- For one, it isn’t going to be easy maintaining your building in the summer heat and with the summer highveld rains. Make sure that you do the majority of the outside maintenance in the morning until midday to avoid the afternoon rainfall.
- Secondly, if you DO require a contractor to assist you with any aspect of the building maintenance, then make sure you make arrangements in advance. As stated above, many contractors will be unavailable over the December period. Secondly, externally sourced services are likely to cost more!
If you will be requiring the services of external contractors, it may be a better idea to wait for winter 2017. Over the winter months, contractors are always anxious for new work, and few other businesses are thinking of doing building maintenance when in the midst of the working year. Keep this in mind next year when you need your gutter maintained! For all your gutter maintenance and building waterproofing, contact Easy Flow Gutters!